Tom Collins wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2004, at 12:47 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I get an error when making 1.2.0 stable:
>> make
>> cd . && \
>>   /bin/sh /usr/src/mail/qmailadmin-1.2.0/missing --run automake
>> --gnu Makefile aclocal.m4: 95: `AM_PROG_INSTALL' is obsolete; use
>> `AC_PROG_INSTALL' aclocal.m4: 96: `AM_PROG_INSTALL' is obsolete; use
>> `AC_PROG_INSTALL' aclocal.m4: 415: `AM_PROG_INSTALL' is obsolete;
>> use `AC_PROG_INSTALL' configure.in: 834: required file
>> `./_AM_File,.in' not found configure.in: 834: required file
>> `./[$2],.in' not found
>> configure.in: 834: required file `./[$3])].in' not found
>> make: *** [Makefile.in] Fout 1
>>
>> Apparently something my make uses (OS=Debian, testing) a newer
>> version of something (i looked for the package aclocal was in and
>> that is: libguile-dev, 1.4-25).
>>
>> Any advice on how to continue? (i didn't have this problem with any
>> of the earlier rc releases).
>
> This libtool stuff is making me crazy.  I'm going to find a libtool
> expert on SourceForge and have them overhaul the files in vpopmail
> and qmailadmin.
>
> Try this.  Start with a fresh copy of qmailadmin 1.2.0, go into the
> directory and run `touch *`.  Then do you configure and make as
> usual.
>
> Please let me know if this works, and I'll do the same in the
> distribution archive.  In most instances, the dates on the files
> should be correct and not require additional tweaking.  I just did a
> check, and it looks like the dat on Makefile.in was incorrect, so it
> might just be a matter of `touch Makefile.in`.

Well i tried it all.

1. With the same steps as always I get the errors as stated above.
2. With the suggestions from Ulrik S. Kofod I have succes!
3. With the suggestion from Tom to touch all I have succes!
4. With the suggestion from Tom to only touch Makefile.in I have succes!
5. With the same steps as always after i tried everything above I get the
same result as step 1 (as expected off course, just to be on the safe side)

Hope to have helped you a little as well.

Regards,

Machiel