Från: Jake Vickers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skickat: den 17 maj 2006 15:37
Till: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Ämne: Re: [qmailtoaster] Roaming users and /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp.cdb

Mattias Segerdahl wrote:
> First off, sorry about the re-post to the list. But no one seems to reply
> my former email. So I'll give it a try with a better topic.
>
> I've enabled roaming users with vpopmail due to the fact that it's
> impossible to get 20,000 users to suddenly switch to smtp auth. Further
> more, I think it's the wrong approach since most users are used to setting
> up email accounts without SMTP auth.
>
> Now, to the problem, after enabling roaming users, the
> /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp.cdb file is rebuild as it should, but which file
> would I edit in order to input the correct rules for the ip?
>
> At the moment my /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp looks like this:
>
> 127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private"

:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONG
> RCPTLIMIT="10",DKVERIFY="DEGIJKfh",QM

AILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",DKQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue.orig"

> Which is the default file after installing qmailtoaster, but, when
> connecting to pop3, I get the following row..
>
> 62.95.12.146+RELAYCLIENT=+RBLSMTPD=
>
> I'd like to add a couple of "rules" to each row, how would this be done?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You have yours, and smtp-auth is the
way the package is set up. You can always go somewhere else and follow
their guide to compile it from source to turn it back on.
The next part of the problem is that I don't understand what you're
asking. What are you trying to add? If you want to add specific smtp
handling information for specific IPs, then you would add it to the
tcp.smtp file and rebuild the cdb to make it active.