Actually, I have run into something like this, but it had nothing to
do with the e-mail server. In that case, I had a user who was using MS
Outlook that had begun to experience this. The only solution I was
able to find for that user was to back up their PST, wipe the entire
system and rebuild, thanks to the hooks in Windows of any variety that
prevent one from actually uninstalling and then re-installing OE or MS
Outlook. If you run a search on the Support forums for MS, you'll find
articles delineating this. It happens when a certain hidden database
file key gets corrupted, so that the software can no longer accurately
distinguish whether or not it has already picked up a given e-mail
message. I don't know that to be the problem you are having, but I did
think I should mention it may not be the server at all.

There is also the possibility that if it is server-side, the same
address might be getting the message both as itself, and as one of its
aliases.

Hi all,
I have a strange situation lately where certain email account gets
double/duplicate emails. This only happens to certain email accounts.
All other accounts are ok. The only thing that similar to those error
accounts are: they were over quota, then I increased the quota.
Have anybody experienced this?
Thanks.