> Erik Espinoza wrote:
>> Hi Crispin
>>
>>> Installing djbdns-1.05-1.0.2 in the sandbox ...
>>> error: Failed dependencies:
>>>         djbdns-extcache conflicts with djbdns-1.05-1.0.2.i686
>>>         djbdns conflicts with djbdns-extcache-1.05-1.0.2.i686
>>>         djbdns-localcache conflicts with
>>> djbdns-extcache-1.05-1.0.2.i686
>>>         djbdns-extcache conflicts with
>>> djbdns-localcache-1.05-1.0.2.i686
>>
>> No clue why this failed, I use BIND myself. . .
>
> Me too. I'm not aware of a djbdns upgrade that has been done with newmodel
> yet, so you might be the first test of this. I hope you're ok with that.
>
> Looks to me like djbdns doesn't like to be upgraded. I'm guessing that
> djbdns might need to be installed in a fashion similar to a kernel, where
> upgrades are installed as separate versions instead of being updated. Does
> anyone using djbdns know if this is the case or not?

Let me introduce an off-topic here...

Please, be correct.

This is dnscache program.

"PACKETIZED RPM" seems doesn't like to be upgraded, not dnscache

AFAIK dnscache version is 1.05 with date 11 Feb 2001

Daniel Bernstein has a offer for anyone discovering security bugs for
djbdns not claimed yet http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/guarantee.html

Compare to this http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/blurb/unbind.html

¿Why anyone need to update djbdns?

I'm just a (mostly) DJB soft taliban. :-D