Whoops. Try -H. By default sudo does not modify the $HOME variable, leaving set
to root...

       -H  The -H (HOME) option sets the HOME environment variable to the
homedir of the target user (root by default) as specified in passwd(5).  By
default, sudo does not modify HOME.

Or, if you have your bayes_path and autowhitelist path set in your config, you
can run spamassassin (spamc, spamd) with the -C option:

        -C path, --configpath=path, --config-file=path
              Path to standard configuration dir