I have just installed qmailtoaster from rpm source and am interested to know
that whether vpopmail can authenticate the local (/etc/passwd) users instead
of the domain users.  I am asking this because I don't have virtual domains
to manage.  I only have primary domain.

This can be configured, aftermarket. I don't know what it'd take to do
that. I think Quinn or someone has instructions to do this.

Do I need to uninstall vpopmail and configure (may need to install other
authentication package) qmail to authenticate the local users?

Removing the vpopmail package will break the QmailToaster.