That doesn't have anything to do with qtp-newmodel. It's the clamav bug
rearing its ugly head.

Stop qmail, then kill any straggling clam processes. Then temporarily change
your /var/qmail/control/simcontrol file to turn off clam scanning, rebuild
the cdbs, and bring qmail back up. Then do your upgrade. When that's done,
turn clam scanning back on and rebuild cdbs.

HTH.