Thank you.

I've run the script to repair the queue, and started up just send. I'm going to leave it to run for an hour or so, to see if it can manage to make the deliveries it needs to make. If not, I'll shut down send, check to see if the queue is corrupted again. If it is, I'll have to drop back and start with bringing the server down completely to scan the disks for corruption. I'm nowhere near to being out of space on the system:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# df
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                      86761840  41277944  41076600  51% /
/dev/sda1               101086     60813     35054  64% /boot
none                   1037384         0   1037384   0% /dev/shm

I've got a backup of everything each week for the last two months, and I'll run another before I shut it down for disk scanning, just in case it can prove useful. Sadly, this may be the event that forces me to upgrade to CentOS 5, when rebuilding if that becomes necessary.

Thank you for the help, to Jake and to everyone else who tried. I'll keep everyone informed.