OK. I had queue-repair create a whole new queue, in case it was something niggling. However, in test mode it hadn't found anything wrong.

Having built a new queue, I have restarted qmail-send, and only send, to see if it will process through the queue. I assume I should let it sit for an hour or so, and then pull the latest messages out of qmlog send if it hasn't cleared the queue? Is there anywhere else I should be looking to find additional messages or information that would help troubleshoot this?