it sounds like the installation didn't complete properly, I myself use the
QMT-ISO package and it works fine for my machines (I recently installed the
latest one) I wouldn't trust that installation if those folders were missing
and I'd say reformat and try again.

NOTE: you do know that the QMT-ISO package has to restart the server several
times before everything is installed?

Next time, check if those directories exist before you start transfering
your backup

On 08/02/2008, Ben Mills <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Robert S Galloway wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I just installed a new server with the QMT-ISO disc and I'm having
> > trouble adding a domain to the server with VQAdmin. The install is
> > default, but I have done a qtp-restore with data from my old server.
> >
> > Basically, when I add the domain with VQAdmin, everything looks like it
> > works, but then I go back to "view domain" and it says that there is no
> > postmaster. Also, there is no directory under /home/vpopmail/domains.
> >
> > Actually, the more I look at this, I think it is a completely hosed
> > install. There is no /var/qmail/control folder like my other install.
> >
> > I'm not really sure where to start troubleshooting this. Can someone get
> > me pointed in the right direction?
>
> I have no idea why you don't have /var/qmail/control. Domainkeys, TLS
> cert (pem) and lots of other stuff go there by default. The HELO string,
> for that matter, is set by a file in that dir.
>
> But I can assure you that adding domains via VQadmin isn't very
> reliable. They should be added from the command line.
>
> Ben

David Campbell

E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: http://www.bigbighuge.com

The information in this E-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you
are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this
information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately.
Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are not
authorised to, and must not read, copy, distribute, use or retain this
message or any part of it. Opinions, conclusions and other information
expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by the sender unless
otherwise indicated by an authorised officer independent of this message.

..."when was the last time you did a backup?"...