I've tried again, and got the same error as previously. This time, I was maintaining a script file of the entire process, so that I could accurately report the error. Any insights or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

./load ezmlm-gate subdb.a getconf.o slurpclose.o slurp.o \
        getopt.a getln.a auto_bin.o env.a sig.a fs.a \
strerr.a substdio.a stralloc.a alloc.a error.a str.a case.a wait.a \ open.a lock.a seek.a -L/usr/lib64/mysql -lmysqlclient -lnsl - lm -lz
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ezmlm-gate] Error 1

RPM build errors:
error: File not found by glob: /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/ezmlm*.rpm

FYI, I have every mysql package for FC8 installed, including:
mysql-5.0.45-6.fc8
mysql-devel
mysql-server
mysql-administrator