As promised last night, I have continued the installation. Ezmlm has successfully installed without errors, which confirms my hypothesis. If I understood just a bit more myself about how the .spec files are created during the build process and how to change them, I could go in and modify them so that they would respond properly to the identity of the machine's OS as fdr80. But simply by allowing it to assume fdr60, the problems I was experiencing have been alleviated.

In the end, sad to say, I created my own problems by trying to be too smart and knowledgeable.

Thanks again for everyone who did try to help. Hopefully, the saga of my attempt in the archives will be of some use to those who follow.

Roxanne

From: Roxanne Sandesara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: February 28, 2008 10:21:04 AM EST
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Toaster on FC8

I am putting together a box for myself, rather than for my employer this time. Because I wish to be able to use this box to also do bittorrent downloads, and a few other things, I've decided to try to build it as a Fedora Core 8 machine rather than CentOS. (It doesn't hurt that CentOS wasn't able to accurately detect and deal with the SATA RAID in the motherboard).

I picked up the FDR60 files from the website. I changed them to reflect that this was FDR80.

Should I be concerned that each package builds - with that pretty red and gold text - stating that the OS is CentOS 5?

I had an error with the build of the ezmlm package, so I have carefully removed everything and I am starting again. Before I start that process, I thought I'd ask, on the off chance that this 'misdiagnosis' of the OS might be responsible for the problem I ran into, or may cause other issues.

Roxanne

Begin forwarded message: