You would want to use the tcprules.d folder only if you were trying to alter the "general" processing of inbound messages. As it appears you're trying to limit only the spamdyke functions, I suggest you look in the spamdyke config folder (its location is configurable -- I put mine in /var/qmail/control/spamdyke). Within that folder, create a whitelist_ip file. Messages received from those IP addresses will be skipped by spamdyke (e.g. they'll ALWAYS pass).

I hope this helps...

Dan

"When did you do your last backup?"

Ask me about unattended offsite backup solutions...
to protect your business, not just your data!

Philip Nix Guru wrote:
Heheh
Yes I am using the

whitelist_ip file

you can either enter x.y.z or x.y.z. for a c-class
I was just curious about the tcp.smtp file :)
I know that spamdyke cant use cdb files

-P

Eric Shubert wrote:
Philip wrote:
Hello
I was wondering about how to disable spamdyke by ip range
can we do something like :

1.2.3.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",SPAMDYKE="",NOP0FCHECK="1"
in tcp.smtp file
or you better add your c-class or any subnet to the whitelist_ip file
from spandyke ?

Thx for the info

I don't know of anything like the former. qmail (and thus spamdyke)
doesn't necessarily use tcpserver, so I'd be surprised if this were
available.

I'd look toward the whitelist_ip file. I'm not sure how to specify and
IP range there though. Check the documentation.

I'm expect that Sam will chime in here and enlighten us further. ;)