I added 2 lines and it seems to eb accpeted
local-domains-file=/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
local-domains-file=/var/qmail/control/morercpthosts

not that I see much differece. was workign without
but the tcp.smtp file is definatly blocking something

I have a few diff ones
but what is stopping spamassassint to pass email looks like this

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",NOP0FCHECK="1"
192.168.66.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",NOP0FCHECK="1",SENDER_NOCHECK="1"
y.z.a.x:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",NOP0FCHECK="1",MAXCONNIP="10"
x.y.z.a:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",SENDER_NOCHECK="1"
2
:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="30",DKVERIFY="DEfhIJK",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",DKQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue.orig",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",NOP0FCHECK="1",MAXCONNIP="5",RBLTIMEOUT="15",SENDER_NOCHECK="1"

If you have an idea ?
Or I ll just put basic things and slowly add the env variables

Philip Nix Guru wrote:
Oh that's bad then coz it definatly doesnt include rcphosts nor morercpthosts
Sam how can you add 2 files ?

local-domains-file=/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts then a , a space .. /var/qmail/control/morercpthosts ?
in spamdyke.conf

Thx for the info

Sam Clippinger wrote:
That's probably all that needs to happen. I don't have a copy of the QTP spamdyke configuration file handy, but it should also contain "local-domains-file" lines to load /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts and /var/qmail/control/morercpthosts if spamdyke is going to correctly handle relaying.

-- Sam Clippinger

Eric Shubert wrote:
Looks like I missed this one, Philip. Thanks for pointing it out.

From what I'm seeing, I simply need to add:
access-file=/etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp
to the configuration file. I'm not seeing anything that would change in
the run.spamdyke file. I guess the parameter could be added to either
place, but I'm trying to keep the configuration as cohesive as possible.

Sam, does this look right to you? If so I'll get in in the next QT-Plus
release.

Philip wrote:
Thx Sam for clearing up a few things

In that case the spamdyke installation script used by qtp-plus should
maybe add the |access-file| option
and use the /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp as parameters in the run.spamdyke file
If ppl had local ips or other ips to prevent rbl checking or allowing
relaying
it has no effect anymore.

Or those ips should be under some conditions added to the whitelist_ip
file of spamdyke

-P

Sam Clippinger wrote:
spamdyke cannot read CDB files but it can read the /etc/tcp.smtp file
(text version) and use some of the values, mostly for controlling
relaying. For example, if the incoming IP address matches a line that
sets the RELAYCLIENT variable, spamdyke will allow the client to
relay.  See the documentation here:
   http://www.spamdyke.org/documentation/README.html#RELAYING

However, setting a SPAMDYKE variable in /etc/tcp.smtp has no effect. spamdyke's configuration is set through its configuration file(s), not
the environment.

-- Sam Clippinger

Philip Nix Guru wrote:
Heheh
Yes I am using the

whitelist_ip file

you can either enter x.y.z or x.y.z. for a c-class
I was just curious about the tcp.smtp file :)
I know that spamdyke cant use cdb files

-P

Eric Shubert wrote:
Philip wrote:
Hello
I was wondering about how to disable spamdyke by ip range
can we do something like :

1.2.3.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",SPAMDYKE="",NOP0FCHECK="1"
in tcp.smtp file
or you better add your c-class or any subnet to the whitelist_ip file
from spandyke ?

Thx for the info

I don't know of anything like the former. qmail (and thus spamdyke)
doesn't necessarily use tcpserver, so I'd be surprised if this were
available.

I'd look toward the whitelist_ip file. I'm not sure how to specify and
IP range there though. Check the documentation.

I'm expect that Sam will chime in here and enlighten us further. ;)