Josh Hopkins wrote:
I am having trouble setting up my toaster to relay for remote clients. I current setup is Toaster --> Firewall --> Exchange server. All incoming email uses the Toaster as the mail gateway/filter and exchange uses the Toaster as the smart host for all outgoing messages. I now have a requirement for mobile devices and remote users. I do not want to open the firewall for relaying by outside connections. I would like to use the toaster for mobile devices and remote users (all will be DHCP IP addresses from various providers) for their outgoing SMTP server. I have purchased another domain and set it to be a local domain on the toaster with a single user.

When I set the client whether it is outlook, thunderbird, or on mobile devices it connects and authorizes the users (or looks like it does) and then I get an error when sending saying "5.1.1 sorry, can't find valid MX record for sender domain (#5.1.1 - chkuser). When checking DNS on the toaster it resolves both MX records back to itself which is correct.

Please elaborate here. How did you check DNS on the toaster? The MX record needs to resolve to a valid type A DNS record.

I don’t want to change the tcp.smtp file if I don’t have to.

Any ideas?

        -Josh