"I had yum-priorities installed but did some fine(r) tuning, added your
patch
and all seems to have gone without a hitch on the CentOS 5.2 machine.  Thank
you so much for the prompt solution!"

I am in the same boat... what did you change using yum priorities? Where and
how did you apply the patch? Thanks.