will do..

Eric Shubert wrote:
Thanks for posting to the list, Madmac.
Do you think you might find time to post it to the wiki? It's really pretty easy.

madmac wrote:
Thanks Erik that worked great.

I have also created a "howto" for the Backup and restore automation.
I will post it shortly

Madmac

Eric Shubert wrote:
madmac wrote:
Hi List,
looking at modifying the backup and restore scripts, to allow me to backup, then scp the tar file to my backup server, then run a cron job to do the restore . Always having a replacement server ready.

However I continually run into the problem asking for the mysql password. Any programmers out there who can tell me where to modify the restore script please.

Thanks

Change:
read -p "Please enter your MySQL Root password: " mysqlrootpass

#read -p "Please enter your MySQL Root password: " mysqlrootpass
mysqlrootpass=your_password

        For additional commands, e-mail: testing-h...@qmailtoaster.com