On 04/06/2010 11:18 AM, Rajesh M wrote:
hi jake

i have a running toaster machine with around 5000 email users on it ie a
very very busy server.

one of the group members advised me to recompile qmail toaster and enable
CHKUSER_STARTING_VARIABLE "CHKUSER_START" as per the guideline given below

http://wiki.qmailtoaster.org/index.php/Chkuser

my question is that will this totally remove the /var/qmail directory and
reinstall the entire qmail ?

any special care that needs to be taken ?

thanks
rajesh

This will not remove the /var/qmail directory. When you modify the package and reinstall, it *will* reinstall the qmail-toaster portions (qmail-pop3, qmail-smtp, qmail-send, etc.) And yes, special care does need to be taken - this is a production system you obviously run your business off of. If you make changes without an action plan, testing, and a revert plan, then *I* would not want you to be running any of my services.