I don't think CHKUSER_START is going to help you.

Did you try:
.) disable CHKUSER_RCPT_MX by commenting it out in chkuser.h, and rebuild/reinstall qmail-toaster package
.) use tcp.smtp line like this:
127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",RBLSMTPD="",NOP0FCHECK="1"
111.222.333.444:allow,RBLSMTPD=""
:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPT_MX="",CHKUSER_ALLOW_SENDER_CHAR_3="/",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="10",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",NOP0FCHECK="1"

Note the absence of CHKUSER_RCPT_MX variable leaves it off, while adding the variable should turn it on.

Rajesh M wrote:
hi

i went thru the docs of chkuser

unfortunately there seems to be no way to declare an environment variable
like CHKUSER_START="ALWAYS" (or NONE or DOMAIN)

for the MX and Format check

this was possible only for CHKUSER_START

MX and Format check could only be either enabled or disable server wide
and not based on IP ADDRESS basis selectively

you can view the same here
http://www.interazioni.it/opensource/chkuser/documentation/chkuser_settings.html#MX_format_checking

so for my server ip address i disabled the chkuser checks using
CHKUSER_START="NONE"

The best solution would have been to remove mx checks and format checks only
so if there is a solution (OR i am missing something) pl do let me know

here is a copy of the tcp.smtp file

####################
127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",RBLSMTPD="",NOP0FCHECK="1"
111.222.333.444:allow,RBLSMTPD="",CHKUSER_START="NONE"
:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_ALLOW_SENDER_CHAR_3="/",CHKUSER_START="ALWAYS",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="10",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private",NOP0FCHECK="1"

####################

thanks

rajesh

Rajesh M wrote:
hello allo

thanks to all for your help

recompiling qmail-toaster*.src.rpm for making changes in chkuser

my requirement was as such

when my clients use webmail and send emails to say around 50 or 100
users
and even if one of the recepients had a bad email id like a spelling
mistake in their domain name or email formatting, then the entire email
used to fail

this was pretty annoying because the error message simply used to say :
no
valid mx or invalid format, without mentioning exactly which email id is
at fault

i would have preferred to remove mx checks and format checks on webmail
ie
disable only for those emails that originate from my server, but this is
NOT POSSIBLE, i could only disable mx check / format checks for the
entire
server which is not what i wanted

so the only solution i found was to enable
#define CHKUSER_STARTING_VARIABLE "CHKUSER_START"

and then recompile qmail toaster as per instructions given here

http://wiki.qmailtoaster.org/index.php/Chkuser

during the process is highly recommended that you keep the sleep time to
around 10 or 15 mins ie 600 or 900 seconds so that you can relax and do
what you need to do.

important points
when you do recompilation all folders under /var/qmail including the
queue
seems to have been modified.

ensure that after you recompile, be sure to modify the tcp.smtp file and
recompile the cdb as per new chkuser settings

once again thanks to everybody

rajesh

That's interesting, Rajesh.
I'm not real clear though how this solved your problem. Can you post
your tcp.smtp file for reference?

I would have though you could have turned of MX checks globally, then
turned them on selectively in your tcp.smtp file. Perhaps that's what yo
did. I don't see how the CHKUSER_START variable helped your situation.

    Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
installations.
     For additional commands, e-mail:
qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com