On 3/3/2011 7:55 PM, Fred Richards wrote:
> Yup, did that, and if you look at the script, it sets a root password,
> creates the database, and assigns privileges... but doesn't make any
> tables or a schema for the vpopmail database.
>

> On 03/03/2011 07:12 PM, Eric Broch wrote:
>

>> Don't forget to edit the file first and set your mysql password...
>>
>> Here's the link:
>> http://www.qmailtoaster.com/distro/centos/cnt50/mysql-setup.sh

>    Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
> installations.
>      If you need professional help with your setup, contact them today!
>     For additional commands, e-mail:
> qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com

Fred,

When you added the 'test' domain it should have added it in the vpopmail
database with the postmaster account. In your case 'testdomain_com' or
whatever you called it.
And, I don't have a vpopmail.users table either.

1) Do the following (at the command line):

# mysql -u root -p mysql
Enter password:********

2) At the mysql command line:

mysql> use vpopmail;

Database changed

mysql> show tables;
+--------------------+
| Tables_in_vpopmail |
+--------------------+
| dir_control                |
| lastauth                     |
| valias                         |
| testdomain_com     | (Whatever domain you have created should be in
here somewhere)
+--------------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The tables (schema) are created using the /home/vpopmail/bin/* commands
like vadddomain, vadduser, valias, and etc...

mysql> select * from testdomain_com;
+------------+------------------------------------+--------+--------+-----------------+----------------------------------------------------+-----------------+-----------------+
| pw_name    | pw_passwd                 | pw_uid | pw_gid |
pw_gecos        | pw_dir                             | pw_shell     |
pw_clear_passwd |
+------------+------------------------------------+--------+--------+-----------------+----------------------------------------------------+-----------------+-----------------+
| postmaster |*******************|      0 |      0   | Postmaster|
/home/vpopmail/domains/testdomain.com/postmaster | 41943040S,4000C |
             | /home/vpopmail/domains/testdomain.com/test          |
NOQUOTA               | *******          |

You should have output something like the above. If all this is in place
on your machine it might be something else.

Does your vpopmail database resemble the above?

Eric