On 06-Mar-11 23:34, Fred Richards wrote:
Thanks Pak and Eric. My schema looks perfect, and I've figured out my issue. When you try and authenticate, and use just plain "user" instead of "u...@domain.com" vpopmail looks for a "vpopmail.users" table. Because everything is organized by domain (which makes perfect sense for virtual users and virtual domains), it's pretty much mandatory to authenticate with the domain via pop3. It then becomes more of a vpopmail question than qmailtoaster.

I think in our project, we'll enforce a new policy of customers' using their full user@domain to authenticate.

But by default all imap/pop3 authentication is using u...@domain.com format
except if you add a default domain in your vpopmail

[root@svr-m1 ~]# cat /home/vpopmail/etc/defaultdomain
pala.bo-tak.info