Hi Martin

It does help to understand how this work, but I'm still left puzzled.

I can compile it manually, but work with a life of 6 month on the
servers and update and move the data, so it important to me that I get
the install process right to make the migration quick ... hence the time
spent on this.

My reading of the patch documentation says that the utility is working a
intended, but the spec files are in error. Or Fedora changes the
execution directories when applying the patch.

It's is a battle and I have re-initialised the VM Container and am about
to start again.

I've managed to work out daemontools, that was pretty simple, change the
patch from 0 to 1

But then ucspi-tcp-rbltimeout.patch.bz2 of the
ucspi-tcp-toaster-0.88-1.3.9.src.rpm has me stumped

This is decompressed on the fly and applied - the first line is:

--- rblsmtpd.c<>2007-01-14 12:42:22.000000000 +0100

According to "man patch" this should be applied with no switches at all,
or read

--- ./rblsmtpd.c<>2007-01-14 12:42:22.000000000 +0100

but you can't just take the patch parameters away, fedora substitutes in
-p0 as default.

There is a path to apply Fedora 14 upgrades to the VM - wonder if
parallels will handle a change in kernel ....

*David Bray*
http://www.brayworth.com.au
da...@brayworth.com.au