Thanks for the Feedback

Understand about the Fedora Lifetime etc. I use VM's and Fedora 13 is
the current Fedora. Tried Ubuntu, CentOS and keep coming back to Fedora
- mainly because the php is more up to date

The driving line is not so much SA - SpamAssassin as Clam, on my last
server - Fedora 12 based, there was an issue with spam and the update to
SA 3.3 did get me into later rule sets (via sa-update)

You can - in the Fedora 13 case, substitute in /yum install
spamassassin/ with little difficulty, basically install the package, it
pulls in what it needs, then create the scripts to run under daemontools.

The clamav is harder, but I have it running, though untested. The end
aim is just to let the rpm system update clam, rather than having to
recompile to src rpm

so why is that so bad ?

well the toaster works fine on a VM with 20Gb HDD and 512k ram .... but
to recompile the clam package you have to stop the services to free up
memory ... so having a recipe for utilizing then yum package is nice ...

which brings you back to your argument, Fedora 13 will only have a short
life for clamav updates via yum ....

*David Bray*
http://www.brayworth.com.au
da...@brayworth.com.au