I see, not just a VM, but a hosted VM.

FWIW, I expect to see more self hosting as time goes on. Servers will be moving out of the data center and into the locations where they're used (decentralization, once again). I know I'm bucking the current trend here, but I'm talking about several years out, so let's wait and see before getting into any flame wars. ;)

QMT doesn't take much in the line of HW at all. My first QMT was on a PII/266 512M. It handled a relatively small domain quite nicely, and that was w/out spamdyke. If you're running QMT on bare HW, you don't need much. An old P4 w/ 2 HDDs (for software raid-1), a UPS and an internet connection, and you're good to go. You can even run VMware Server2 on an old P4 if'd you like to stay virtual. Virtualization takes a bit more work, but can be well worth it in the end. It's not really a requirement though.

If you're limited to a dynamic IP address, you can use a services such as what dyndns.com provides to handle your authoritative DNS (custom DNS, $30/yr) as well as outbound email (SendLabs SMTP, $20/yr for 150 emails/day). That's not much cheaper than a static IP address would be though, which is typically $6/mo around here.

I realize that this is a little more expensive than what some hosted VMs can be, but you get what you pay for. For me, the additional cost is worth it. YMMV.

To address your question more directly, I don't have personal experience with any hosting services, but I hear good things about Linode as well.