On Monday 02 April 2012 04:55 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 04/01/2012 10:55 AM, Délsio Cabá wrote:
I must agree that the options:
#reject-empty-rdns
#reject-ip-in-cc-rdns
reject-missing-sender-mx
#reject-unresolvable-rdns

are very useful for blocking spam, but unfortunately I keep having
complains from some clients that emails were not coming in. I fould out
that some mail server don't even have reverse Ip configured and others
have but the reverse name had not A Records.
So I decided to disable reject-empty-rdns and reject-unresolvable-rdns.

I haven't seen that many that are misconfigured. In some cases the domain has moved to another host which is not quite configured correctly yet.

I ask my customers for the domain(s) that are being blocked, and explain to them that gmail is blocking email from that domain as well. Then I attempt to contact the admin and let them know what the problem is, and whitelist the domain in spamdyke.

I'm simply not willing to forgo the advantages these filters give everyone else due to a few lame brained mail admins. To each his own though.

So I rely only in RBL.
What's the differente between dns-blacklist-entry=sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
<http://sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org> and
dns-blacklist-entry=sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org <http://sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org>
and |check-dnsrbl=|sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org <http://sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org> ?

Check with spamhaus.org on that. They have several lists.

Coming back to Rajesh's original problem, I don't think he's using the spamhaus zen blocklist. Because airtel has clearly listed their dynamic IP blocks as not suitable for smtp in the PBL. I use zen and none of the Airtel dynamic IP spambots get through to me.

http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/query/PBL243394 shows one of their IP blocks

Bharath