On Thursday 03 May 2012 11:46 AM, Haru wrote:
I added the sticky bit to the 3 files in that folder that were missing it, and now it works! Thanks a lot! I also installed fail2ban as you suggested to see if we can avoid more problems with spam bots in the future.

Our only current problem now seems to be that all the mails we send to hotmail or live.com <http://live.com> go directly to the spam folder, which is something that has been happening for months now. I think our mail server is correctly configured, but maybe we got into some sort of black list of Hotmail since it seems like bots were sending thousands of spam mails through our site... Time ago our mails were effectively blocked by Hotmail, but after I contacted them they supposedly unblocked us, but now we are now getting directly to the spam folder instead. Anyways, I don't know if this is the correct place for asking about this issue, but after all this time I think now is a good time to try to solve this problem.

Hi,

Can you please check whether your IP is on any blacklist. While many service providers will bounce/discard mail based on blacklists, others may simply mark them as SPAM. You can use mxtoolbox.com to check the status of your IP. Let's see what the status is before recommending possible solutions if any.

Bharath