Hey,

How about doing a threshold scan for users. See what their baseline is and then
start reporting when you see some unexpected high amount of mails going out.
I'd think that's usually a good sign for spammy behavior. Even with an already
high amount of mails the baseline would still help to see if their is an usual
peak.

Just my two cents but I'd be interested in this too because it just recently
happened to me as well. Come to think of it I might go and try to write a
Nagios plugin for it some day... I guess with are large amount of users this
will get difficult.

Cheers,
Sebastian