Eric Shubert wrote:
> I'd very much like to see a throttle put on qmail-remote which would
> allow a per-user interval to be specified. When abuse occurs, the send
> queue would grow noticably, which could easily be monitored.

Can you run Spamassassin on outgoing mails? If a user account suddenly
starts sending spammy emails, that could trigger an audit.

This would come at a certain efficiency cost. It would also fail to catch
cases where a compromised user is sending a torrent of emails that don't
look spammy ... but it might catch cases where they're sending a trickle
of emails that _do_ look spammy.

Another trouble with this approach is that you might end up needing to
manually inspect any suspicious outgoing mails, which has privacy
implications.

Angus