Well, I could be wrong but while installing clamav-100.2 w/o pcre support on CentOS 5 I got the pcre errors. When I installed the same w/pcre support no errors downloading clamav database. It installed fine on my CentOS 5 x86_64 test box.

I'll make it available on the repo and get the x86 out shortly.