Philip,

Yes, I decided to go with EPEL ClamAV because I don't see a reason not to. It does the same thing with minor changes and someone else takes care of the RPMS. And, updates are faster.

Other than the name of the service only the below user/group changes take place.

chown clamscan:root /var/qmail/simscan
chown clamscan:root /var/qmail/bin/simscan
chown -R clamscan:clamscan /var/log/clamd
chown -R clamupdate:clamupdate /var/lib/clamav

The permissions do not change. I just put them in the script just to make sure after update.

The signature library after QMT clamav is removed has owner 46 group 46 which is the deleted clamav user and group. Scanning works just fine like this however I wanted things clean and changed user and group to clamupdate for those signatures.

I have tested this on several production machines and all seems to work well. I'd like to know if problems occur. If they do one could revert; however, I don't foresee any issues.

Eric