m. allan noah wrote:
>> Thank you,  I'll experiment with this but I'm still not sure why the
>> whitelistsenders from whitelist_soft does not work?  is it only supposed
>> to work on senders outside my domain that send mail to my domain--hence
>> NOT relaying mail?
>
> i've never looked at whitelist_soft. you've got the code, you look :)

I was hoping someone here could point out errors in my thinking in the
overall process.  Gavin noted that I am trying to relay with
whitelist_soft which is not the best place to do it.  The old whitelist
plugin in qpsmtpd .26 does seem to allow this behaviour so I'm inquiring
about the relation of the whitelist_soft and rcpt_to plugin interaction
in .40.  plugins/rcpt_to does not exist in the older version of qpsmtpd.

The answers to my questions above seem to be "Yes, whitelist_soft is NOT
for relaying."

Thank you again for your plugin.  I will be testing it soon.

--
JT Moree