On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 01:50:32PM -0700, JT Moree wrote:
> m. allan noah wrote:
> >> Thank you,  I'll experiment with this but I'm still not sure why the
> >> whitelistsenders from whitelist_soft does not work?  is it only supposed
> >> to work on senders outside my domain that send mail to my domain--hence
> >> NOT relaying mail?
> >
> > i've never looked at whitelist_soft. you've got the code, you look :)
>
> I was hoping someone here could point out errors in my thinking in the
> overall process.  Gavin noted that I am trying to relay with
> whitelist_soft which is not the best place to do it.  The old whitelist
> plugin in qpsmtpd .26 does seem to allow this behaviour so I'm inquiring
> about the relation of the whitelist_soft and rcpt_to plugin interaction
> in .40.  plugins/rcpt_to does not exist in the older version of qpsmtpd.
>
> The answers to my questions above seem to be "Yes, whitelist_soft is NOT
> for relaying."

No, I was saying that if you are trying to control relaying based on IP
address, that relayclients is the right (special-purpose) tool for the job.

Since you've explained that isn't what you're doing, then whitelist_soft
will work fine, and is appropriate.

Your issue is that because there's no core support for whitelisting, plugins
still have to support it explicitly. I can't find your rcpt_to plugin, but
I'm assuming it doesn't.

So (untested) you should just need to add something like:

  return OK if $self->transaction->notes('whitelistsender');

to your rcpt_to plugin.

Cheers,
Gavin