> On Feb 14, 2018, at 5:00 AM, Guenter Schwann <guenterli...@schwann.at> wrote:

>>> That fixes it, thanks. Bit of a shame, as they were rather a nice feature.
>>
>> There are 2 approaches to this problem:
>> * use faster CPU
>> * make clang-tidy itself faster
>
> Or
> * run clang-tidy/clazy "outside" of the code-model in a separate step in
> QtCreator?
> * run clang-tidy/clazy only when triggered (menu entry - like the for example
> the clang power tools in VS)

Yes, something like that seems the only way clang-tidy + Creator will be usable,
unless clang-tidy gets at least an order of magnitude faster or 30GHz processors
hit the market.

Asynchronous code checks would be a killer feature.

(I'd assumed that was the way it would be implemented - that clang tidy
checks wouldn't be related to basic completion - otherwise I'd have thought
to try turning them off to fix completion).

> Btw. - it would be nice if the QtCreator clang-tidy plugin would (optionally)
> make use of a .clang-tidy config file (to share it with clang power tools for
> example).

Yes, and that'd let you be more selective with which checks to enable
too.

Cheers,
  Steve