Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt wrote:
> We have spent some time on this project, and we definitely wish to see
> it succeed out in the wild. But, as you say, we cannot commit to
> anything beyond what we have spare time for.

I guess the issue for a lot of people comes down to a support channel.
In the past, when bugs have been discovered that are tricky to fix, the
response has been "we'll get to work on that and you can expect a fix in
the next release." Once that response becomes "you're going to have to
hope someone gets to work on that and you may or may not get a fix
sometime, maybe never" then people will immediately have a significant
problem.

Are we at that stage already? With no further releases planned from you
and Gunnar, and with no community support anywhere near ready, I think
we might be.

It would have been so much better if the official announcement had said
"Qt Jambi is being discontinued, there will be one more official release
before the FOSS community takes the project over." Is there any chance
this might happen - one more official release while a community gets
built up?

I've been encouraged by the enthusiastic, albeit very limited, response
that this list has revealed in the last few days. Maybe there are enough
people and projects out there? Maybe a benefactor can be found? Maybe
Sun or Nokia can find a bit of sponsorship money to pay someone a part
time wage?

But since the project has already been driven off the cliff, it's asking
an awful lot for such a small group to get themselves together quickly
enough to catch it!