> Now the further step is the choice of the IDE. At a first glance I
> prefer NetBeans, it seems to me a bit more clear and easier then the
> huge Eclipse. However I see that there's more talks about building and
> configuring Eclipse projects? What about Qt-Jambi? Does the platform
> plays a major role with it's ease of use? What are the respective pros
> and cons?

I've never used Netbeans, so would also be interested to hear what
people have to say about it.

But Eclipse works very nicely with QtJambi. The Qt designer is properly
integrated and all the build stuff "just happens" which is just how it
should be. Eclipse understands about QtJambi projects, the content
assist works as you'd expect, etc. As an emacs veteran of 20 years, I'd
recommend Eclipse for QtJambi work - praise indeed. :)

I can only speak for Eclipse on Linux, but I'd be surprised if other
supported platforms were different.