Hi.

My subjective point of view:

I have used Netbeans and Jambi with ant and maven projects for a while, I
never used Eclipse for any kind of development ( I extremely hate its
keyboard shortcuts, which are difficult to remap and its gtk look ).

First of all, I started with ant. So I unpacked jambi-bin distribution
somewhere in my home, created simple java console app, added jambi jars to
project ( different jar for each platform (!) ). If you are using maven, you
must "install" jambi jars into repo ( I don't know official maven repo with
jambi jars ).  Next you could create some forms with designer and save juis
somewhere in project tree.

- This is first problem, because netbeans has no integration with it, so you
must start designer manually. Designer.sh/bat script is not user friendly,
because it ignores any parameters and starts empty designer, so you can't
register .jui to open with it ( without some hacking ). So you must
everytime, when designer starts, manually browse to directory where
your .jui's are.

- You must convert your jui's into .java manually, or create some script, or
hack ant to have that done on buildtime. This is a little problem when you
are developing the same app on linux and windoze. I rewrited all scripts into
java ( uh ) and it is working now.

- juic generates .java files with different encoding on different platforms,
so if you have hardcoded your netbeans project in some encoding (eg.utf8),
you could have a problem with encoding. My "jambi-helper" recodes that files.

As Jose told me today, there exists juic maven plugin, which could do much
stuff for you at buildtime. But - from my point of view, it is very cheap
documented ( only some xml examples ) and harder to understand for me. For
example, using xml examples from its website you create uncompileable
project, because there is no information, how to include generated sources in
project ( they are generated in target/..., which is not in sources path ).
So again, if you are beginner, you have a deadlock :).

My resume:

I am successfully using jambi with netbeans, but it needed some effort to do
before ( create custom scripts, modify env, reconfigure build scripts
etc... ), so If you aren't skilled in this, you can't use jambi with
netbeans. Forget that you could create jambi project by typical
java-programmer way [ using mouse :-) ] with netbeans :(.

--
Dusan