On 11/29/2010 8:01 PM, ext Adriano Rezende wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Ville M. Vainio<vivai...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Every now and again (case in points - yesterday after Tampere MeeGo
>> meetup) this pops up in conversations - people seem to miss a .jar
>> like archive format for QML files. Basically, this would be a zipped
>> bunch of qml files, and perhaps c++ modules.
>
> I've implemented package support some time ago for QML using tar
> format as reference.

Pretty interesting! Have you incidentally looked at the WGZ standard as
source of inspiration?

http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/

Regards

Kai Koehne

> I've pushed to gitorious, if someone wants to test it:
> http://gitorious.org/qmlarsenal/qmlarsenal
>
> Basically it's a file engine that handles tar files (I use ".qar"
> extension) as folders.
>
> So you can access internal files directly from QML. Like:
>
> Image {
>       source: "./org.foobar.photo.qar/images/photo.png"
> }
>
> And also complex widgets with internal resources:
>
> Loader {
>      source: "./org.foobar.widget.qar/main.qml"
> }
>
> I've added also a QmlPackage item, which can download remote tar files
> in order to run them locally.
>
> QmlPackage {
>          Loader {
>              id: loader
>          }
>          target: loader
>          source: "http://foobar.org/org.foobar.svgitem.qar";
> }
>
> There are some missing features that I have in mind like versioning
> and caching but it's already useful tool.
>
> Br,
> Adriano

Kai Koehne
Software Engineer
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori