California is/was one of those states where VR purchased a van and then
upfitted it for its user.  I know of a couple of people who received those
benefits.  They were very employed both as hearing officers for the state.
Because of the state of economy of the State of California this practice may
have stopped, but I'm not sure.  Let's all move to California, eh?