At 04:22 PM 10/11/2004, QuadPirate wrote:
But you can't tell me that some soldiers don't think this has anything to do with protecting our country and giving a choice would choose coming home so I don't think they thought this is what they volunteered for and that's not giving them a choice.

Some soldiers may not agree with certain missions they are sent on, but it's not up individual soldiers to chose which lawful orders they will follow.

Enlistment isn't on the decline for no reason.
Now I think all of them would go after Osama and be proud of it and enlistment would probably be way up.
We all agree on that.

Actually the military is reaching their enlistment and reenlistment quotas in all active duty branches except the National Guard. The reason for the decline in the Guard is because people are concern of longer deployments away from their regular jobs. My neighbor just enlisted 2 months ago and leaves for basic training next week.

I don't know exactly where life begins but the majority of Americans think this isn't it but we didn't get a choice to vote on this.
Where do you draw the line?

Something that important shouldn't be voted on and decided by the general popular vote. No, president Bush did not decide this by executive order. Bioethicist should decide after much discussion and research.

And forget about only banning Federal money for research on these essential stem cell lines. It should be the majority of Americans choice that's all I'm saying.

The general population doesn't vote on any other federal spending decision. That's what we elect representatives for. States such as New Jersey and California has decided to fund embryonic stem cell research. So if you feel that strongly that the people should decide on funding then contact your state legislature about it.