I have to admit that I am nervous about driving my van. It's an econoline 150.  I always drove a car and going to a van and I haven't driven in almost 4 years, it makes me nervous to drive something so big. I am terribly afraid I am going to fail the driving test.  We have to parallel park here for the test.

Stacy
----- Original Message -----
To: Quad
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 5:15 PM
Subject: RE: [QUAD-L] Buying a van

That's what I have too.  With a 10# drop floor.  It's a '98 and is payed off!

Before that I had 3 full-size vans.  Waiting on the lifts in very hot or very cold weather is an annoyance so thought I'd try a min-van.  Much faster in and out.

My complaint is that my neck & back are hypersensitive and the drop floor puts my nearly on the ground .. hence I feel every bump, bounce and wobble.

In my last full-size Ford Econoline I had a 6# drop floor but the big vans seemed so big & bulky (good for room though).  I too am a passenger and no matter how careful the driver ... my sensitivity feels stuff.

My way away from that was moving here to Tucson.  The roads here feel like glass compared to the shitty pot-holed, highway separation bumps and just rotten roads in the northeast.  When there I rarely went out .. the road rides were too painful.  Unlike here . ... smoooooooooooooth sailing!

Lori