Title: accessibility
Curb cuts are a big problem here and crowded stores w/merchandise, ilses too narrow, etc..  Stores that just have too much stuff.  The big one, bathrooms are supposed be handicapped accessible.  they throw up some rails no matter how narrow and call it accessible.  There are 2 at school I can't even shut the door on my own b/c if I back in I cant turn around and if go in forward I can't reach the door behind me to close it.  My favorite there was the button to open the door at the top of the ramp.

Stacy
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 5:51 PM
Subject: [QUAD-L] accessibility

Hello people

I know there are ADA parameters as to what "is and is not" ADA compliant but what are some of your pet peeves when  these issues are handled by AB designers/architects.

One of mine is the sensitivity of incorporating a retrofit ramp to an older building. Not only the design, but also the location. I do not like entering through a kitchen.

-Cameron