We just needed to transfer me in and out of bed to and from the chair, that's why we went with the voyager/easy track. It was cheaper than a ceiling mounted lift and setup in about 20 mins.

Portable Voyager Lift $1937
Easy Track Three Post System $1495

The local rep brought one to my house to try it and left it. We were going to pay for it (taking a home equitty loan) then my state case manager said the state might be able to. We were using it for almost a year before it was paid.

these might help with funding
http://www.njpanda.org/atacprogram.htm

http://www.nj.gov/labor/dvrs/vrsindex.html