It seems as if everybody has covered almost every thing I can think of, but
I would definitely not limit your search to male assistants.  I am 6 foot 3
and currently weigh about 185 pounds, but I have in the past gone to 200.  I
have had female caregivers from 90 pounds on a do my care with no problem.
I use a Hoyer lift and just recently got an electronic one, because the
transfer from the Hoyer to the chair seems to be the most complicated for
new caregivers to learn.

I will definitely be checking out some of these lifts myself, but I would
exhaust everything before you have to go into a home.

Also, respite is a must.  I haven't given my brother and sister-in-law, my
caregivers any substantial time off in three years and I am going in for
respite when I get my colonoscopy done in late July.  I will end up spending
two weeks to give them a break and even though I hate it in there, it is
invaluable for PCAs to get time off for recuperation every now and then.

Good luck.  Your situation breaks my heart and there are just so many people
out there in similar circumstances I believe it is criminal.
Quadius