Hi Jim,

  That is great news!  Way to go!  You must be ready to dance a jig.  When I
started working on getting my chair back in 2006, I told the supplier that
either I got a chair that actually worked to meet my needs or I would not buy a
new chair just to be buying one.  They always seemed to find a way to get what
I NEEDED approved.  After test rides, reading, and talking to others, I decided
on the Quantum 6000 from Pride.  I really like the torque my Q6 has when I need
to cover rough terrain, and the Mid-wheel drive when I'm indoors.  I'm glad
that I never let my standards down and settled for second choice.  Stay strong.

  http://www.quantumrehab.com/powerbases/q6series/q6000.html

  With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 31 Years Post
  Texas, USA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
           Since the summer of 2005 I have been in the process of trying to
qualify for an Omega Trac wheelchair.  I had to try different manufacturers
front and mid-wheel drive (I have a rear wheel drive) chairs and explain why
they would not suit my needs to Medicare, medical assistance and Blue Cross
Blue Shield.  After being denied by all three because they said it was not
"medically necessary" to have such an expensive share I started my appeal
process.  I wrote a five-page appeal letter, with pictures and was surprised
that Blue Cross Blue Shield had reversed their decision because of my
compelling appeal letter and approved the Omega Trac chair for me.  On New
Year's Day, my son went down and got the mail from New Year's Eve and there was
a letter in there from medical assistance.  The letter went on for two
paragraphs explaining why they feel that this chair was not medically necessary
for me.  The third paragraph then stated why they would approve the chair and
 pick up the out-of-pocket costs that I would need to pay if I just went with
Blue Cross Blue Shield.  I read that last paragraph several times and was
absolutely flabbergasted that medical assistance changed their minds. If it
wasn't for Kiersten from National Seating & Mobility, I do not think that this
would have happened.  The Omega Trac should be ordered next week but I'm really
not going to believe it until I'm sitting in it because you never know what can
happen.

  Yesterday, Friday, I received a call from the appeals judge confirming that
medical assistance reversed their decision and approved my chair.  She is going
to sign all the legal documents and send me a copy.

  For those of you that are wondering why I went with such a large chair like
the Omega Trac here's my reasons.  I live in the country near Duluth, MN which
is hilly and not very conducive to standard wheelchairs especially in the
wintertime.  I'm a large man that likes the stability of the Omega Trac
compared to my Invacare especially when transversing hills and uneven ground.
I need a solid platform for driving around the hills of Duluth and I own my own
home in the country and have been stuck to many times in my driveway during and
after a snow along with not being able to go in my yard unless somebody is with
me.
  The bottom line is freedom.

  I guess the moral of the story is to find the company that you feel
comfortable dealing with and also never take no for an answer until all avenues
and appeals are exhausted.  Carefully read all documentation and make sure all
your I's and T's are dotted and crossed.

  Jim