I don't doubt a word you say, but I have never had a doctor get what Medicare
owed them. I know a lot of people think Dr.s should be paid the same as
barbers. My doctors have also employed relatives. Why not? Nepotism is a
problem in police forces and government, not a doctors office. My doctor
charges $80 per visit and Medicare pays him $42. My podiatrist will get $66.
The vet gets $65. The insurance company flips a coin and if the doctor wins, he
gets the coin.
Medicare fraud to me is when I am told I'll soon be using a Pride Jazzy. My
Waiver representative is an atheist so to save gas she calls me each month to
see if I'm alive and have I started jogging yet?  A usual litany of questions
regarding each others lives and g'bye. On occasions I have had bad doctors. A
urologist in fact. I did report him to Medicare, but I'm sure he still
practices medicine.
I would not expect the doctor to set up more appointments if I just accused him
of fraud! This accusation is a doctor/patient relationship killer. Some Doctors
are so good they do make millions. I do not resent a single dollar.  If you
accuse the medical system of malpractice and fraud very often, you will start
having trouble seeing doctors that are  not in an Emergency Room. You won't
find anyone that wants to work for while you accuse them of federal crimes.
Your name will get around and you will be going to Dr's that only see Medicare
cases.
I've seen doctors submit very large bills to Medicare that I thought were a
little steep. This guy is 44 years old and still paying student loans from hell
while trying to raise a family and after the insurance company is allowed to
price fix against doctors, Medicare undercuts him by 70% and the rest are too
poor to even send an X-mas card, then he has to buy malpractice insurance that
costs him so much that many really good doctors only work for drug companies.
Now, just to show how stupid they can be, congress has decided it will cut any
doctor bills by 10 percent. Why not cut what tort lawyers get by ten percent.
Cut the amount lawyers get from Medicare by 10 percent and save big money. Cut
back all payments from the US government to lawyers until the budget is
balanced! We will have a balanced budget in 6 months.
Treating Doctors as if they cause health care problems is the DUMBEST thing
congress has done since passing the Patriot Act, and ranks with the meanest
thing since forcing Japanese Americans into intern camps. Why not force Oil
corporations to cut prices by 10 percent? Because of their honesty?
We have found the line between good and evil and made a mad dash to the wrong
freakin side again!

john