What gets me is they (the hospitals) exaggerate their bills so they can get
at least a modicum of payment from Medicare and other insurance companies.
I understand they're trying to cover their costs, but when someone comes in
and is trying to pay for their own care because they can't afford insurance,
they are charged the same exact exorbitant rates as the insured.  The
uninsured, on the other hand, are expected to pay the full amount.

I know there are a large number who don't, but does that try to take their
debt seriously into a pain to use exorbitant fees.  Our system is so screwed
up now it's going to take a major overhaul and I don't believe some little
tax credit is going to take care of it.
Quadius