I live in New Hampshire and to qualify for Medicaid you are allowed to own a house and a car and still qualify for Medicaid. A couple of years ago I tried renting the upstairs to college students. The rent was $50 a month. However, I had no takers. I live 10 miles from campus. They all said that was too far as they like to party and don't want to have to drive home. Go figure?

Dan
 09:12 AM 9/21/2009, donald scott said something that elicited my response:

IHSS is a Calif. thing and also is for low income under 2000.00 in assets. But I live in my own home, have a van I drive, and a house full of stuff. Just don't have more than 2 grand in the bank. It's silly how low of assets they expect people to have. Heck a kitchen worth of stuff like stove, fridge, washer, table, and utincles is 2 grand these days.

Take care,
Donald C5/C6

--- On Sun, 9/20/09, Greg <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Greg <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [QUAD-L] caregiver blues
To: "'donald scott'" <[email protected]>
Date: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 1:21 PM

Is IHSS a California thing?

The only help we get in AZ is if your low income, with total assets of $2,000.

Hard to qalify.

Thanks



----------
From: donald scott [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2009 9:54 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [QUAD-L] caregiver blues



I too was looking for a live-in caregiver and actually he starts today. Here in Calif. we can get IHSS (In Home Supportive Services) and it pays the caregiver 9.00 per hour plus Medical-Dental Insurance. This caregiver works 25 hours a week doing care and house cleaning. I have 2 caregivers. I also give him free room, free utilities, free cable, and free wi-fi connection. He gets around 800.00 a month after taxes. The new caregiver is a medical student plus works pt at a restaurant. So that's the low down here. Every case is different due to disability, living arrangement, and location.



Take care,

Donald C5/C6



Reply via email to