I had an INVOCA remote, but ended up giving it away as it was virtually
unusable for me (the damn thing turns itself off after 30 minutes or so of
non-use) and I worked with it for quite a while. I didn't expect or get much
for the $80 it cost at the time.

I purchased and use a SiCare Light II voice remote control daily. I like it
mainly because of its portability and fairly high recognition accuracy. It's
not cheap at $2,100 but that's about half what you have to pay for a full
blown environmental control system (ECU). It works great, but it does take
some time to set up, and I am fairly tech savvy. It can learn commands from
any IR remote. It lets me control my TV, cable box, amplifier/receiver, DVD
and CD players, but I did have to come up with a few command workarounds to
control all these devices. By adding an IR X-10 control kit, which I already
had, you can also control several lamps or other X-10 enabled devices like a
ceiling fan in my case. Visit the following site for more details:

http://thespeechgurus.com/sicareliteii.html

The guys at Speech Gurus are great. They answered all my questions in detail
and quickly resolved a problem with the initial unit they sent me. I would
gladly do business with them again.

Steve - C4, 21 years