Good Advice from a Great Friend.
 
  
____________________________________
 From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Sent: 4/25/2012 3:37:46  P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Re: [QUAD-L] Pressure sores &  Irritaion From Tape




I assume this person is being treated by wound care specialists but if  
not, he could try calling the nurse help line at Craig Hospital at  
800-247-0257.
 
Mercedes
 
 
In a message dated 4/24/2012 6:44:11 P.M. Central Daylight Time,  
[email protected] writes:

 
 
 
  
____________________________________
 From: [email protected]
To: [email protected],  [email protected], [email protected], 
[email protected]
Sent:  4/24/2012 9:33:14 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: [QUAD-L] Pressure  sores & Irritaion From Tape



Hi...I have three Stage 2 wounds that are healing but my biggest  challenge 
are not
the wounds but the irritation on the surrounding skin from the 3M  
Micropore tape.
I have used paper tape but that, too, caused irritation to the  skin.
 
Any ideas?
 
Thanks,
pj
 
 

 
From: _Monty_ (mailto:[email protected])   
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 9:12 PM
To: _Larry Willis_ (mailto:[email protected])  ; _quadriplegic_ 
(mailto:[email protected])  
Subject: Re: Fwd: [QUAD-L] Pressure sore


 

 
 
That is way too long and have you ever been tested for a bone  infection? I 
have successfully conquered  two of them, one of them my  bottom and the 
other one just below my elbow. You need to see in  infectious disease for this 
and if it shows a negative result. Then get a  second opinion from a second 
specialist just to make sure. I had to travel  two hours from my place just 
to find a doctor that would listen to me.  There's only two wound clinics 
in my area, so after visiting the one two  hours away was able to get 
everything done just under six months. The one  on my elbow was that one I had 
to 
travel for and nearly had it for nearly  2 and half years. I had to do my own 
research on locating these doctors  because my primary physician would not 
listen to me! I'm on Medicaid and  Medicare so I had no out-of-pocket 
expense for these doctors except for my  time. So the best thing is to do your 
homework and don't take no for an  answer! Take care and good luck
Monty of Indiana
3/4 complete post 18 years
PS once they cleared up the bone infection, then they did a  muscle flap to 
fill in that area.



 
  
____________________________________
 From: Larry Willis  <[email protected]>
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 8:29  AM
Subject: Fwd: [QUAD-L]  Pressure sore



 
Wow, thanks guys. All good advice which I will most definitely  follow. I 
have a feeling that if I could stay off it, it might improve as  well. 
However, I stay by myself during the day and just can't stay  bedfast. There is 
just no way to win in our quad world. God bless all of  you.

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:



Resent-From: [email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected]) 
From:  "Eric W Rudd" <[email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected]) >
Date:  April 22, 2012 7:18:15 PM EDT
To: <[email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected]) >
Subject:  Re: [QUAD-L] Pressure sore






 
 
I’ve had about a 1” – 1.5” by .25” – 3/8” sore since 2001.   Received 
after seeing the so called wound specialists.  My own  self-care has kept it 
clean & the same size. My primary doc, whom I  see twice a year, is kept 
up-to-date via digital pix.  I clean it  w/ tap h2o & gauze, apply a 4x4 folded 
in half, skin prep then  Tegaderm...every a.m.
 
Eric  W Rudd
[email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected]) 
 
 

 
From: _Larry Willis_ (mailto:[email protected])  
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 3:41 PM
To: [email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected])  
Subject: [QUAD-L] Pressure sore


 

 

 

I have a pressure sore on my tailbone  that has been the bane of my 
existence for years now.  It is not  deep and has never been seriously 
infected. 
However, I have been  fighting it for over six years! I have some feeling in 
that spot and  sometimes it feels like a red hot branding iron. Bad! It is 
about 4in by  4 in. In the last several days it has begun to bleed profusely. 
I don't  know whether this is good, bad, or irrelevant, but it is a first. 
Any of  my buds here got any knowledge to share about it? Thanks. Larry  
Willis
I use a Roho  cushion.


Sent from my  iPad



















Reply via email to