Ive gotten two manual chairs since 1998. My first one was an action mvp and the
second and current chair is a quickie 2 which I have held together from ebay
parts from (2001-2017). I have replaced everything on the chair at least once
except the red frame, which is wobbly because its a folder. Ive had 10 sets on
rear tires, 4 sets of casters, 2 jay backs, 3 jay 2 cushions, 8 sets of scissor
brakes, 6 sets of sideguards 7 seatbelts, 4 seat platforms, I found every part
either at sportaid, ebay or somewhere else online. In 2001 I got lucky and was
presented a brand new p-222 special edition Darryl Gywnn Racing power chair.
That chair has some guts, it will climb places you shouldn't go. The first week
I had it I took it close to a mile on rough grassy hills to get to the lake and
popped a front tire. I was stupid and got air filled front casters(8x2) and to
make it worse you couldn't take the wheel off without taking the tension off
this spring system used for the suspension. I  called the dealer that presented
it to me and he said, I learned the hard way with a chevy nova not to take
things apart I couldn't handle, he was telling me not to get my father to fix
it, but the price was 180.00, so my dad pulled it apart in the living room and
I replaced the air filled tires with foam filled. That chair now sits in the
corner with dead batteries and Im still in my quickie 2.
The biggest problem how things are handled with mobility solutions for the
disabled is inequality. One guy gets a house given to him, free vans and
another guy is given one hospital chair. Nothing is equal or even close to
fair, the squeaky wheel and the best insurance plans get the most and the best.
We need something that's equal across the board for every disabled individual.
Im so tired of one golden boy or girl getting everything while someone else is
laying in a bed that they cant get a new mattress for with half a dozen bed
sores. Am I the only one that's heard the stories and had disabled friends die
over a wheelchair cushion they never got?
Ron